Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

SUMMER BLOGGING


Summer is a really hard time to blog. The lure of warm weather and sunshine make it especially difficult to do indoor activities; unless it's so hot and humid that you feel like all you can do is escape from the heat. Since I'm not a beach person, having typical Irish skin, my summer activities seem to center on running errands that never seem to get finished or lunching with friends.

I usually bring a book to lunch, but with more people out and about, I rarely get to have those quiet lunches in the summer. Believe me, I'm not complaining since I love talking to people, especially people I don't know yet. Someone will invariably ask what I'm reading and that segues into giving out my blog bookmarks. Giving out the bookmarks gives the person I'm talking to a chance to email me and it's leading to lively discussions as well as new fledgling friendships.

We have a summer house out of state and whenever we're there, we have so much company that I never seem to be able to just settle into books like I do in the winter. So, please, if you're a regular reader of my blog, bear with me. I won't do as many entries in July and August but the reviews will continue to be enchanting and titillating!

No comments:

Post a Comment