Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

GRAVITY - First book I read on my new eReader

by Tess Gerritsen - available in bookstores

GRAVITY is the first book I downloaded to my new ereader.  First, because I like Gerritsen's books and second, because I find it really easy to become engrossed in her tales.  I thought this would be a good test for me to see if I could adjust to this format for reading.

Well, I'm happy to say that I adjusted very quickly as I became engrossed in Gerritsen's story and soon forgot that I was holding a small electronic device rather than a printed book, at least until the battery needed recharging.

There's one thing I have to add before actually reviewing GRAVITY.  I read everywhere, no matter what I'm doing, even if I'm cooking.  The serious advantage of my new Pandigital is that I don't have to feel terrible if a spot of maple syrup or tomato sauce finds its way to the page, unlike printed books.  I can now prop my ereader up right next to the stove while I wait for the spaghetti water to boil, just not too close.  Now on to GRAVITY....

Dr. Emma Watson is an astronaut as well as a medical doctor.  She's scheduled to go up with the next team for a lengthy stay on the space station, acting as a researcher as well as the team's physician.  But there has been a cross-contamination on the space station and the crew has been exposed. 

Emma quickly finds herself on the next shuttle and faces the fight of her life to not only save the crew, but to 
also keep herself from being exposed to this deadly contagion. NASA faces the additional problem of choosing between astronaut safety and not allowing this deadly new mutation to infect the earth.

When Emma is exposed and becomes sick, her husband, Jack McCallum, who is also part of the space program, works hard to find a way to save her and bring her home.
 
Ms. Gerritsen's books are fun and quick to read and GRAVITY doesn't fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment