Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

TRIPLE DOG DARE!

What do you do when someone gives you a TRIPLE dog dare?

Alice Askew, my daughter-in-law's mother, did just that at Christmas.  She sent me a check, an application form and a triple dog dare for me to join MYSTERY WRITERS OF AMERICA.

I don't believe there's a mystery story or novel anywhere inside of me, but as most of you know, you can't do anything with a triple dog dare except take the dare.  Which I did. 

I am now a proud card carrying associate member of MWA - NYC Chapter as a reviewer.  Incidentally, new members are appropriately referred to as "fresh blood".  

I have to admit it's been fun reading 3rd DEGREE, the MWA newsletter, and seeing photos of some of my favorite authors like Lisa Scottoline and  Bryan Gruley. 

Now I just have to be careful that Alice doesn't triple dog dare me to write a mystery!  Although I might just have to return the dare sometime.  Alice, Askew would be a great title for a book, don't you think?

Thank you, Alice, what a clever and thoughtful gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment